Warm Color 3D Collage
Kindergarteners learned about warm and cool colors and made a 3D collage based on the warm colors. If I were to teach this lesson and do a similar project again, I would give them warm colored papers for the base paper instead of white.
- Create 3D collage
- Identify/name the warm colors (pink, red, orange, yellow)
- scrap papers
- pom poms
- tissue paper
Lines and Beading Process Sculpture
Kindergarteners learned about what three-dimensional things look like and what a sculpture is. We spun in circles to see that we look different from all sides and we also looked at 3D objects to see how they take up space.
- Create a sculpture using clay and pipecleaners
- Practice fine motor skills by stringing beads onto pipecleaners
- Explain what a sculpture is/how to make one
- air dry clay
Shape Low Relief
Kindergarteners made low-relief artworks using foam shapes, burlap, felt, and cardboard shapes.
- Create low relief shape artwork
- Glue shapes to cardboard
- Paint artwork