Lower elementary learned about still life art and created their own still life vase with paper crumpled flowers. Again, another lesson I wish I could do in person so we could paint and use tissue paper, but I love how they came out anyways.
- Warm-up – thumbs up or thumbs down – have you heard of still life art before?
- Introduction to still life art
- Still life freeze game – I showed students pictures of still life art/photography and some photos of animals or things that move, and students stayed frozen like a statue for still life images and moved around for non-still life images.
- Introduction to Matisse – fauvism
- Student independent work time
- Still life review
- How to crumple paper to make flowers
- Continue still life art
- Gallery walk/artist statement